The Belmont-Redwood Shores School District (BRSSD) is searching for members of the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District Community to serve on a Citizens’ Oversight Committee for Bond Measures I and N.
One (1) member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a Belmont elementary school of the District.
Two (2) members who shall serve as At Large Community Members.
Information on Committee Membership:
The Committee will consist of at least seven (7) members and no more than eleven (11) appointed by the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates submitting written applications. The number of the Committee members may vary from year to year as the Board shall determine, but at no time shall representatives of Redwood Shores constitute more than 36% of the total members on the Committee. Membership shall be based on criteria established by Prop 39, as follows:
One (1) member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a Belmont elementary school of the District.
One (1) member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in a Belmont elementary school of the District who is also active in a parent-teacher organization, such as member of the P.T.A. or a school site council.
One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
One (1) member active in a senior citizens' organization.
One (1) member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association.
Between two (2) and six (6) at-large members.
- In order to perform the duties set forth in Section 3.0, the Committee may engage in the following authorized activities:
- Receive and review copies of the District's annual independent performance audit and annual independent financial audit, required by Article XIIIA of the California Constitution.
- Inspect school facilities and grounds for which Measure I and Measure N bond proceeds have been or will be expended, in accordance with any access procedure established by the District's Assistant Superintendent, Business Services.
- Review copies of deferred maintenance plans developed by the District.
- Review efforts by the District to maximize bond proceeds by implementing various cost-saving measures.
Those interested in serving on this committee, may request an application packet may be obtained from:
Mrs. Nellie Hungerford, Interim Co-Superintendent Belmont-Redwood Shores School District
2960 Hallmark Drive, Belmont CA 94002
650-637-4800, extension 1010
An application may also be submitted electronically. To request an application, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Application: Until positions are filled.