Thursday between 1:30pm and 2:30pm the Belmont police and fire departments will be holding a Sober Graduation event on the campus of Notre Dame High School. The event centers on a simulated traffic collision on the campus involving student actors.
Real emergency units from Belmont Police, Fire and American Medical Response will respond onto the campus using red lights and sirens. In addition, a helicopter from Stanford Life Flight will land on the softball field at the corner of Ralston Avenue and Notre Dame Avenue.
During the helicopter landing and takeoff, Ralston Avenue in front of the school and Notre Dame Ave between Clee St and Ralston Ave will be closed briefly.
To view a video of the 2011 Sober Graduation, click here.
For more Patch news:
- String of Break-Ins Plague Foster City Apartment Complex
- San Mateo Tea Store Expanding to San Francisco
- There's Finally Light at the End of the Tunnels
- Belmont School Principal Won't Return for New School Year
- Man in Van Approaches Girls Near Menlo Park School
- Redwood City Costco to Expand Gas Station