This year's fundraiser, Spring Fiesta, will take on an even more festive tone as it will be celebrated on May 5--Cinco de Mayo.
According to event organizers, the Spring Fiesta celebration will include the foundation's annual poker tournament, dancing, gaming, balloon pops for prizes, and a raffle with some amazing "premio" (look it up in your Spanish dictionary).
Of course the cuisine will be decidedly Mexican, and the beverage assortment will include margaritas, beer and vino from . Organizers decided to forgo the mariachis for Ticket2Ride, a Beatles tribute band instead.
Gather your compadres, dig out your fiesta-wear, and come out to support the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District to help the foundation meet its goal of raising $3 million by June 30.
Here are the Spring Fiesta details:
- Saturday, May 5 from 7-11 pm
- Oaks Room of the Greek Orthodox Church, 900 Alameda de las Pulgas
- Tickets are $55 per person and are available online at schoolforce.org/spring-fundraiser/
- Tickets WILL NOT be sold at the door---buy online only
- Poker tournament: $100 per person
- Raffle tickets: $20 for one ticket, $50 for 3 tickets, or $100 for 8 tickets
- Winners do not need to be present to win, so buy early and buy often!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The School-Force annual Spring Fundraiser is a fun community-wide event sponsored by the Belmont-Redwood Shores Public Education Foundation.
The purpose of the Spring Fundraiser is to bring together people from our community at a fun event to raise money to fund valuable staff and programs at each of the district's seven schools.
If you can’t make it to Spring Fiesta but would like to donate to School-Force, you can make a tax-deductible contribution at schoolforce.org/donate/.