The City of Belmont wants to know: Would you use a shuttle service that operated within the city's boundaries?
A survey is being conducted by the city to determine if a potential shuttle service would be utilized by residents and businesses.
To participate in this survey, click the Surveyshare link below.
The City/County Association of Governments (C/CAG) administers a grant program to establish local shuttle services that are designed to assist residents and employees to travel within San Mateo County or to connect with a regional transportation service.
The City of Belmont has applied for this grant, and may be able to begin a shuttle program in July 2013 that would serve both residents and business and meet the restrict grant eligibility guidelines, if funding is approved.
Proposed times and routes
The community shuttle is proposed to operate between 7a.m.-10 a.m., and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday thru Friday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays, and will serve:
- Belmont Caltrain Station/SamTrans Transit Center
- Business centers along Ralston Avenue from El Camino Real to Alameda de las Pulgas including Notre Dame de Namur University
- Residential communities along Alameda de las Pulgas and Chula Vista Drive
- The community between Ralston Avenue and Harbor Boulevard
- Businesses east of Highway 101
To tell city leaders if you'd use a shuttle service, and help design a route that would be most helpful to you, take the survey: