.

Belmont Burglary Suspects Plead Not Guilty

Two of the three men linked to burglaries in Belmont and Redwood City made their first court appearance earlier this week.

After a series of burglary arrests this month in San Mateo County, several suspected thieves are set to appear in court in the coming weeks, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney.

Two of three men linked to burglaries in Redwood City and Belmont on Oct. 12 and another break-in at a Palo Alto home on Oct. 9, pleaded not guilty to burglary charges, while the third posted bail, according to District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.

Rapaelle Jones, 23, of Citrus Heights, Wyatt King, 34, of Sacramento, and Gabriel Carter, 35, of Oakland, were arrested Oct. 12 on suspicion of burglarizing a home in the 400 block of Pine Street in Redwood City that morning and then that afternoon at a Belmont home in the 1300 block of Sunnyslope Avenue.

King and Carter made their first court appearance on Oct. 15 and pleaded not guilty, Wagstaffe said.

Their preliminary hearing is set for Oct. 26.

Jones posted $100,000 bail, pushing his first court appearance to Nov. 21, according to Wagstaffe.

In a separate burglary case, Ludwig Garcia-Amaya, 22, of Menlo
Park, was supposedly filmed ringing a doorbell at a home in the 1100 block of
Lyons Street in Redwood City on Aug. 30, before entering the home through a
rear sliding door.

Since the break-in, a member of the public had identified the burglar as Garcia-Amaya, who was arrested Oct. 11 on an outstanding parole warrant.

Garcia-Amaya is being held in custody on a parole hold, Wagstaffe said.

--Bay City News

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »