As we look toward Tuesday's election, Belmont Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about the six races in town: Belmont City Council, Belmont-Redwood Shores School District, Sequoia Union High School District, Mid-Peninsula Water District, San Mateo Community College District, and one measure, an educational parcel tax, Measure R, for the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District.
Bookmark this page for updates, which provides links to profiles on the local candidates about their education, work and previous political experience.
• Election Day: Election Day is Nov. 5, 2013.
• Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the County Clerk's website and enter your address in the Precinct Finder.
• Polling locations: To find polling locations and precincts, click here.
• Early Voting: Early Voting: If you have a mail-in ballot, you may drop it off at any polling location until 8:00 p.m. Nov. 5. DO NOT MAIL--it is too late and your ballot will not be counted.
Local Races(Candidates are listed in the order in which they appear on the sample ballot. Click on each heading for more info on candidates.)
Belmont City Council (six candidates for three seats; four-year term)
Belmont-Redwood Shores School District Board (seven candidates; four-year term)
- Amy K. Koo
- Rakesh H. Hegde
- Charles "Chuck" Velschow (incumbent)
- Herbert R. Neuman
- Naomi Nishimoto
- Suvarna Bhopale
- Kelly Redmon
San Mateo County Community College District
Board (four candidates for two seats; four-year term)
Mid-Peninsula Water District Board of Directors (four candidates for three seats; four-year term)
Belmont-Redwood Shores School District
School parcel tax; 2/3 approval required