[Editor's note: The following was submitted by Notre Dame de Namur University.]
A panel of breast cancer specialists has been assembled to present a special program at Notre Dame de Namur University's (NDNU) Cunningham Memorial Chapel Thursday, Oct. 3 in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Week.
“Environmental Causes of Breast Cancer: What do we know and what can we do about it?,” is a panel discussion co-sponsored by NDNU’s Sr. Dorothy Stang Center for Social Justice and Community Engagement and the NDNU Premedical Chapter of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA). The panel will feature:
- Ysabel Duron, Latinas Contra Cancer
- Connie Engel, The Breast Cancer Fund
- Nicole Mazzetti, breast care coordinator, Kaiser Permanente, South San Francisco
- Kristin Shafer, Pesticide Action Network
- Veronica Shepard, co-founder/director of community partnerships, Bayview Health and Wellness Center
This evening is dedicated to all who have suffered from breast cancer, particularly Gail Bishop, founder of Sisters Network, who passed away September 4, 2013.
WHERE: , NDNU Campus, 1500 Ralston Avenue, Belmont
WHEN: Thursday, October 3, 7–8:30 p.m.