I love salmon. It's as simple as that. I love it grilled, poached, raw, baked or broiled. It's healthy and full of flavor but also takes kindly to many other ingredients.
This recipe is one of my favorites, mainly because it incorporates two of my favorite foods: salmon and mango. It's also not difficult to make, which is good, because I'm not as much an experienced chef as I am journalist.
Quinoa and steamed, chilled asparagus are great side dishes for this salmon recipe.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 mangos, peeled, seeded and diced
1. Preheat the over broiler and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
2. Place the salmon on the prepared pan and into the oven for 12 minutes or until easily flaked with a fork.
3. Mix the mango, onion, tomato and garlic in a bowl. Add in the olive oil, orange juice and cilantro.
This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com.