Do you know something about this historic image, which is from one of the really old glass photo plates of the Half Moon Bay History Association? What is this photo of and where is it located on the Coast? What year? Here’s a little hint: Fragments of the structure pictured here continued to poke out of the sea for more than 100 years.
Tell us a brief history of this photo, courtesy of the Half Moon Bay History Association (HMBHA), by writing your answer in the comments section below.
All correct answers will be entered into a random drawing, which will determine the winner.
The winner will get a prize: a copy of “Treasures of Half Moon Bay” walking guide to historic locations in town (usually sells for a $10 donation to the HMBHA).
Please reply with your answer in the comments section below by Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. The winner will be announced in Half Moon Bay Patch on Friday, Jan. 18, 2013.
OFFICIAL RULES, DEADLINES & INSTRUCTIONS:
· Of course, this contest is just for fun! But a contest is a contest, and as such there must be official rules. Here are official rules:
· Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 and older.
· To enter, write your answer to the question in the comments section of this article.
· The winners will receive an award from the Half Moon Bay History Association.
· A random drawing of all the correct and most plausible answers will determine the winner. Plausibility will be loosely judged by the Half Moon Bay History Association.
· All entries must be received and votes must be logged by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012.
· You may enter only one answer per person.
· The prizes are 1) The fun of winning plus 2) A copy of the colorful history walking tour guide book, “The Treasures of Half Moon Bay.” It is a pleasant “Now and Then” look at historic buildings, places, and things in the Half Moon Bay community. It is published by the HMB History Association, and “sells” for a $10 donation.
· The Sponsor of the “What’s This Photo” contest is the Half Moon Bay History Association.
Like history? Want to join the Half Moon Bay History Association? The next meeting is on Jan. 10, 2013. To join and for more information about the Half Moon Bay History Association, located at 326 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, visit www.HalfMoonBayHistory.org or call (650) 726-4468. The HMBHA is always looking for new members and volunteers. Annual dues are $25. Tell the stories, keep the records and be a part of how our Coastside came to become itself. Call or e-mail Info@HalfMoonBayHistory.org for a 2013 membership.
Keep up with local news — follow Patch!
Want to share your opinions with the communities of the Coastside? Start your own blog here.